Tuesday, March 17, 2009

76


In celebration of St. Patrick's Day, here's something green. Chili's Presidente Margaritas were a favorite when we got together with friends while living in south Texas. Terry ~ this is for you! Nowadays I prefer my own mixed margaritas here at home. No presidente brandy in my recipe, so it's not a Chili's presidente margarita, but if you like margaritas, it has a good flavor just the same.

6 ounces margarita mix, 2 ounces Sauza Anejo Conmemorativo Tequila, 2 ounces Cointreau. Mix together and pour into a glass filled with crushed ice ~ no salt.

:)

HAPPY ST. PATRICK'S DAY!!!

6 comments:

Sara G said...

Nice photo!!
Happy St. Patrick's Day to you!!

Dot O said...

Great photo, Christina!!! Love the green!

I'm having a St. Pat's party here on Saturday and I need to come up with a green punch!

Any thoughts?

Christina said...

I like the punch that has lime sherbet and ginger ale in it. :)

Sujomi (SuzyHomemaker) said...

Margaritas on the rocks are a great way to celebrate the day. Have a great one!

Oz Girl said...

Hey, that's almost the same as my home margies, except I use Grand Marnier instead of Cointreau. I'm out of GM at the moment, need to get some....

Dot O said...

Why not??? The fortune cookie is the culmination of the meal!